From budget planning and itinerary to equipment and vaccination, a useful guide for those who want to explore the world with a backpack behind. Part 5.
Six months before going
- Choose a route.
- Approve the budget.
Five months before
- Check the validity of the passport and apply for a new one if the term is about to expire.
- Solve the issue of leave at work. If you can, it is better to go unpaid.
- Buy tickets.
- Consult with a doctor, visit the dentist.
Three months before
- Start buying gear.
- If renting an apartment, notify the landlord that you are leaving.
- Apply for an international driving license.
- Apply for visas in countries where you go first.
Two months before
- Find where to leave your furniture and other things if you move out of a rented apartment.
- Check the validity of bank cards.
- Check card limit for cash withdrawals.
- Close subscription to the Internet, telephone, auto and medical insurance, if any.
- Search through friends possible acquaintances in the countries where you go.
One month before
- Sell unwanted items.
- Decide how you will share your impressions with your loved ones: whether you will keep Instagram, YouTube channel or just send photos in the messenger.
- Read something about the first country of your trip.
Two weeks before departure
- Buy medicines in the first aid kit.
- Pay for travel insurance.
- Download music and movies on your phone and laptop (if you take it with you).
- Write in the notebook the numbers of relatives and emergency numbers (bank, insurance company, consulate).
- Make multiple copies of your passport.
- Print an insurance certificate.
- Take photos for documents (10-15 copies). Suitable for visas and permits to visit national parks.
One week before