There are many things that you can do to pre-prepare yourself and your family for travel. By being as prepared as you can be, you are setting yourself up for a great getaway that will minimize any unpleasant circumstances that sometimes arise with travel.
In order to have the best vacation possible, Im going to share with you the must know tricks and travel tips before you travel.
The very first thing you must do is RESEARCH. You want to learn as much as you possibly can about your destination prior to arrival. Yes, this is going to require some time and effort on your part but it is going to be more than worth it. This is the only way to truly understand what it is you want from your vacation and what you want to do on your vacation.
Here are some things that you should always know about your destination.
Weather You need to know what you should be packing and planning for.
Paperwork and Documentation Know what is needed to travel to your particular destination.
Know if there are any diseases common to the area you will be traveling to this way you are able to take preventative measures.
Costs of local items You want to be able to properly plan your budget; remember to include taxes and tipping.
Holidays and festivals check to see when these occur for your destination as you may find limited services on those days.
The best holidays are the ones we are most prepared for. Do yourself a favour; make it a habit to always know as much as you can about your destination before you travel. Itll make all the difference in the world!
What are some other things that you can do to prepare yourself? Use these travel tips before you travel.
1. Make 2 photocopies of your passport. Take one and put it in a safe place or leave it with a friend. Take the other one with you and keep it in a separate place from your passport, this way should your passport become lost or stolen, you can use the copy to exit the country and it will also facilitate the replacement process.
2. Email yourself important information such as: airline numbers and flight information, credit card numbers, passport and drivers licence numbers and anything else that may be of importance to you. This way if anything is lost or stolen, you are just and internet connection away.
3. Know your banking information. For your credit card, make sure that the valid dates will remain valid while youre traveling, know your available spending amount and dont forget to leave some room on it for emergencies. Check your ATM and debit cards daily and total limits.
4. Learn some local phrases. If you are traveling to a country with a foreign language, its always nice to know some of the local phrases. Knowing the polite words and just a few local phrases will be a huge help. You will find that natives really appreciate this and will tend to be more receptive to your questions. Maybe youll even make a new friend while youre at it!
5. Be aware of the voltage thats used for the country youre traveling to. If you are taking anything that requires an outlet; cell phone, computer, video camera, etc. make sure to purchase plug adapters. For things such as hairdryers, curling irons, electric razors, etc to purchase an actual voltage converter unless your appliance has multiple voltage currencies.
When traveling to a foreign country its always best to be as prepared as you can be. Do as much research as you possibly can, remember these travel tips before you travel and your trip abroad is sure to be a success.
Heres your final checklist: Passport, tickets, car rental and hotel reservation receipts/agreements, credit cards, medications or prescriptions, if required, addresses, password and any other important information that you may need. Dont forget the most important thing: your adventurous travel mind, see and learn as much as you can and have the time of your life!